Monday, February 04, 2008

Blog Amnesty Day: Quick Links 2

By Michael J.W. Stickings

B.A.D. 2008 seems to have been a rousing success. For round-ups of participating blogs, and what they did, see Skippy (with links to previous posts) and Jon Swift. (Our BAD-QL1 is here.)

Once more, I encourage you to check out our blogroll. It is by no means comprehensive, but it is nonetheless quite extensive, featuring many smaller blogs along with the usual suspects. Alas, I do not update the blogroll frequently enough, but I intend to add to it on an ongoing basis from now on. Speaking of which, if you're not on it but would like to be on it, contact me -- my e-mail address is over on the sidebar in the list of editors, co-bloggers, and contributors. I would be happy to exchange links. I know that being on a blogroll may not generate all that much traffic -- unless it's the blogroll of an A-lister, of course -- but we can help ourselves not just individually but as a community by making our blogrolls as inclusive as possible.

So let's do that.

**********

And now for a few late-night quick links:

-- Carol linked to the home blogs of our co-bloggers yesterday, but I wanted to mention Fruits & Votes, one of the blogs of our co-blogger MSS. He is one of the world's leading experts on elections, electoral systems, and, well, all things electoral.

Make sure to check out the home blogs of our various contributors, too, including Bark Bark Woof Woof and Greg Prince's Blog.

You'll find the blogs in our blogroll separated into different categories -- Liberals, Moderates, Conservatives, etc. (Yes, I link to a select few on the right.) Make sure to scroll down to find the other categories, including Canadian Bloggers (many of whom blog on American politics), International Bloggers, Specialty Bloggers, Personal Bloggers, Science Bloggers, and Friends (a few good friends from my pre-blogging days).

Here are a few highlights:
Of course, there are many, many more, but these will have to suffice for now.

The point is, click on those links you find. Go and discover new blogs. There's some great blogging going on out there -- even without links from the A-listers.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

  • That's weird, I couldn't find my blog listed anywhere, and I remember you specifically asking me to do reciprocal blogrolling...

    By Blogger Elayne, at 10:42 AM  

  • Hmmm. Yes, I'm sorry about that. I must have accidentally deleted your blog when I cleaned out the blogroll a couple of months ago. It was unintended. I'll put you back in right now.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 10:57 AM  

  • Thanks for the mention, Michael! I can't say I understand the point of the whole amnesty day thing. Amnesty from what? Why not just link to whatever you want?

    But as always, I appreciate your linking to wmtc and highlighting it whenever you choose to.

    By Blogger laura k, at 1:10 PM  

  • You're very welcome, L-girl. I suppose it's all about community-building. The "amnesty" thing refers to something Atrios did a while back -- see Carl's post on B.A.D. below.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 1:10 AM  

  • Oh yes, I knew what it refers to. It just doesn't make sense to me, or maybe it's just the word amnesty that sticks. Who is being pardoned, and for what?

    But the community building is great, whatever the excuse.

    By Blogger laura k, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home