Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Tonight, tonight, tonight

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Well, it's now the fourth day of a knock-out sinus infection, or something like that, and I've been spending most of the day alternately sleeping and watching The Food Network. I tried to watch CNN this afternoon, but it just made me nauseous. Partly because of the over-the-top countdown to "Debate Night in America," partly because of the media's obsession with winning and losing and the whole ridiculous expectations game (not to mention the obsession with the Dow, as if the state of the economy can be reduced down to a single market index), partly because even a little Palin, now in venomous all-out attack mode, is enough to drive me straight to the vomitorium.

But, fear not, I've been saving my strength for tonight, and, unless I take a turn for the worse, I'll be live-blogging Obama-McCain 2. Perhaps not as insanely as I did Biden-Palin last Thursday, but hopefully with suitable vigour. And hopefully we'll have some comments from the co-bloggers and other guests along the way.

So tune in tonight. I'll get going just before 9:00 pm.

And now I'm going to lie down again.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home