Saturday, June 09, 2012

This day in music - June 9, 1984: Cindi Lauper's "Time After Time" starts a two-week run at #1 on the U.S. singles chart

By Richard K. Barry

I always liked Cindy Lauper's "Time After Time." I wasn't a fan otherwise. I wasn't not a fan, if you know what I mean, but I do recognize a great song when I hear it. It was on her second album, She's So Unusual. It was her second biggest commercial success after "Girls Just Want To Have Fun," needless to say.

Rolling Stone and MTV rank it at #66 of the 100 Greatest Pop Songs. It was nominated for Song of the Year at the 1985 Grammy Awards and was co-written by Lauper and Rob Hyman of The Hooters, who supplied background vocals.

For me, nothing says the '80s like "Time After Time."


(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home