Tuesday, May 15, 2012

An endorsement Mitt Romney has to have but might wish he didn't

By Richard K. Barry 

If I were to make a list of political news from today that did not surprise me, I'd have to put George W. Bush's endorsement of Mitt Romney very near the top. What else is Bush going to do? He was the last freakin' Republican to hold the job.

ABC News is reporting that "as the doors of an elevator closed on him, after giving a speech on human rights," Bush offered this scintillating endorsement, "I'm for Mitt Romney." Be still my heart.

In an example of brilliant political sleuthing, ABC added this:

People who worked in the Bush administration say they doubt the former president will be campaigning for Romney this year. Even in his post political life, Bush still gets a lot of blame for the poor economy, according to polls.

Ya think?

I can see it now, Bush and Romney on the same stage - the man who brought you the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression and the man who wants to implement the same failed policies that created the disaster.

I guess this endorsement falls into the category of "damned if you get it, damned if you don't.

(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home