Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This day in music - November 30, 1977: Big Crosby and David Bowie perform "Little Drummer Boy" and "Peace on Earth" on Crosby's Christmas special


I am well aware of the danger of getting totally sick of Christmas before we even get into December, but please indulge me on this one. I love that Bing Crosby-David Bowie duet that we have all seen so many times. For the record, this unusual performance was part of Bing Crosby's annual Christmas special in November of 1977 and, I'm sure you would agree, has become a classic.

I'll try to keep the Christmas music posts to a minimum -- or maybe I won't. I haven't decided.

(Ed. note: I'll do my best to keep things under control. -- MJWS)


(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Michael, How can you seriously hope to keep Christmas under control? What does that even mean? People love this stuff.

    By Blogger Richard K. Barry, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home