Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Steele singing "To Rush With Love"

By J. Thomas Duffy

Oh my, this is schadenfreude at its best.

My apologies for the lack of posting yesterday, it was a day of juggling, dealing with the Aunt, and also, having to remove the almost 10 inches of snow (made easier by the generous neighbor, offering use of his snowblower ... Yes, better than shoveling, but still a pretty good workout).

Despite the cumbersome endeavors, I still managed to keep an eye on things, and it is becoming riveting, almost a sporting event, watching the continuing meltdown of the Party of Noicans.



Monday brought a gigantic pissing contest between the Cheesburger That Sweats (H/T to Barry Crimmins) and RNC Chairman Mike "Off The Hook" Steele.

Seems the drug-addicted radio jockey doesn't like people trying to distance themselves from his dementia, which hip-hopping Mikey attempted to do, right on the heels of El Dittohead Grande's Constitutional-challenged ramblings at the Right Wing Rabid Fest.

Cutting Edge Steele did his, now mandatory, PartyofNoican's mea culpa, if they aren't masturbating to El Dittohead Grande 24/7, but he must have loaded up on the drugs before his radio gig and ripped apart Mikey's new gig, as the Big Cheese PartyofNoican chieftain.

It was really pitiful, seeing Mikey moonwalking as fast was he could, away from his criticism of El Dittohead Grande.



As Joan Walsh points out;

I emailed D.L. Hughey to get his perspective on Steele's sudden change of heart, but he may wait for his show to give his reply. What's clear is that Hughley and Steele had a long, animated conversation in which Steele argued convincingly and forcefully that Limbaugh is not the party's leader, he's an entertainer, and his views are getting entirely too much attention as the party tries to right itself after its thumping in November. It's just not the sort of conversation in which you can disavow certain "words" or say "I was thinking I was saying one thing, and it came out differently." It was a long conversation, not a soundbite.

Ahh, but what a difference a day makes, as the old song goes.

For that, as we did so often for The Bush Grindhouse (and others), we have to give Michael "Off The Hook" Steele a little soundtrack to go by.

We're pretty sure, by going retro, he can pull off his pledge of being "cutting edge" with it.

And, considering we're writing about Mike "Bling Bling" Steele, and the Cheeseburger That Sweats, we get a bit of irony, in that we are using the big hit of, none other than, Lulu.

Sing or hum along, even if you don't want to admit you know the song.

"To Rush With Love"

Those Misson Accomplished days, of telling tales and torturing detainees are gone,
But in my mind,
I know they will still live on and on,
But how do you thank someone, who has taken you from McNabb to Magic Negroes?
It isn't easy, but I'll try,

If you want the Party, I would write across the sky in letters,
That would soar a thousand feet high,
To Rush, with Love

The time has come,
For closing ranks and long last bipartisanship must end,
And as I grovel,
I know that I am gaining my new best friend,
A friend who taught that Obama is wrong,
And I will play along,
There's a lot to learn,
What, what can I give you in return?

If you want the Party I would try to make a start,
But I, would rather you let me give my heart,
To Rush, with Love

Bonus Party of Noicans Meltdown Riffs

Al Giordano: Ugly and Incendiary

Media Matters - Limbaugh: "The dirty little secret ... is that every Republican in this country wants Obama to fail, but none of them have the guts to say so; I am willing to say it"

Ross Douthat: Rush and Oprah

Joe Gandelman: Rush Limbaugh, Michael Steele and the Republican Party: The Sequel

Greg Sargent: Rush Refuses To Say Whether Successful Obama Fix Of Economy Would Be Good For The Country

Top Ten Cloves: Ways Rush Limbaugh Can Get Woman Not To Hate Him


Bonus Bonus

Okay, here's the original ...

To Sir With Love

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home