Friday, January 23, 2009

Blagomania; or, my own personal Pearl Harbor

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Here's what (still) Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich told the AP yesterday:

Dec. 9 to my family, to us, to me, is what Pearl Harbor Day was to the United States. It was a complete surprise, completely unexpected. And just like the United States prevailed in that, we'll prevail in this.

TNR's Isaac Chotiner calls it the Quote of the Century. At the very least, it our Quote of the Day.

And I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to the three-hour Ben Affleck epic on the whole sordid affair. (Matt Damon as Blago?) A day of infamy captured forever in craptastic celluloid wonder. Can enough justice ever be done, though, to Blago's superlative self-absorption? The only word for it -- and I do hope it one day enters the psycho-medical lexicon -- is Blagomania.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home