Tuesday, January 31, 2012

"I wish I could claim that I'm Hispanic": Another helpful glimpse into the shameless, whoring opportunism of Mitt Romney


Mitt just can't help himself. Sometimes, without even intending it, he shows us who he really is, what he's really made of, what he's really all about:

On Monday morning's Fox and Friends, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney let out another one of those "I'm running for office, for Pete's sake!" bursts of honesty which, like a burlesque revue at a leper colony, are revealing, but not in a good way. Asked if his father's Mexican birthplace is helping him with Florida's Hispanic community, Romney replied "You know, I wish I could claim that I'm Hispanic..."

Host Steve Doocy highlighted the fact that Gov. Romney hasn't exactly bragged about his Mexican roots before. "The other night when I saw you at one of the debates in Florida," Doocy said, "you mentioned for the first time in my memory, where you were talking about that anti-immigrant allegation by Newt Gingrich. You were talking about how your father was born in Mexico. It's the first time I'd heard you say that. Is that helping you with the Latino community in Florida?"

Romney replied "You know, I wish I could claim that I'm Hispanic..."

That's a bit of a weird thing to say, but let's hear him out. Does he admire the rich cultural heritage, the strong current of faith, the diverse culinary tradition? Romney continued "...and it would help me with the Latino community here in Florida and around the country, but my dad was born of American parents living in Mexico."

Oh, right, he didn’t say he wished he was Hispanic, just that he wishes he could claim it.

It's almost like this privileged rich douchebag will do and say anything for votes, take any opportunity to sell himself to whatever constituency he needs to woo, and pander without any shame or self-regard whatsoever.

Almost? No, that pretty much describes him out on the campaign trail.

Thanks so much, Mitt. We know you're busy lying, but we really appreciate the unintentional honesty. Keep it up.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Now he's flip-flopping on race??? Given the specter of Michael Jackson and John Howard Griffin (who went the other way in 1960) this could be arranged. He's got the money to do it.

    Talk about a chameleon. He only flip flops on everything else. Why not add variable color to his portfolio?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home