Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Craziest Republican of the Day: Peter Schiff

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Schiff is the former Ron Paul advisor who's running -- as a Republican, of course -- for the U.S. Senate in Connecticut. And, well, he's rather full of himself:

I'm interrupting my career. It's not like I want my new career in politics. But I'm willing to interrupt it the same way that somebody interrupted their career and joined World War II and went off to fight the Nazis.

Whether he wins or not -- and he'll surely lose -- I'm looking forward to the Spielberg biopic of Schiff's life. Should be a real Saving Private Ryan-ish barnburner, the inspirational tale of one man's fight to defeat the dastardly Democrats.

In related news, I cut my toenails last night and awarded myself a Silver Star for "gallantry in action." (No, I'm not "that heroic," to quote Schiff, but "it's the same principle." Trust me.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Im quite confuse why Schiff needs money to help his campaign. He’s been advising all his readers for years to invest in gold and commodities, but now he wants us to invest in him. Is Peter Schiff the next gold? Will he give me a 1000% return on my investment in 10 years? I doubt it. The audacity of this guy is killing me. I was a follower of his until this! His personal campaign website expresses how your $4800 campaig contribution will help get him the Senate seat where he will shake things up and not take any bribes to “play ball”. Seriously? Schiff sounds exactly like every person running for an office before they were elected. So why should I invest in a man who has told me for years to invest in gold, only to run for office and ask for money from regular working people. He’s a CEO with undoubtedly fat checking/savings/bonds/treasuries/etc. So DONT GIVE PETER SCHIFF ANY MORE CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS! He’s better to us untainted as an economist…not a politician. If he is as smart as I THOUGHT he was, he’d stick to what he does best. Politics ruins good people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home