Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So Joe the Plumber wants to beat the crap out of Nancy Pelosi...

By Michael J.W. Stickings

The culture of violence and death on the right is rather alarming, is it not? Earlier this year, it was the shooting in Pittsburgh. Throughout the Bush years, it was the bloodlust of the warmongering neocons, the view that there's no problem that can't be solved with a little killing, or a lot.

Now, it's the guns and rifles brought to the health-care town halls.

And it's also Joe the Plumber saying that he'd like to "beat the livin' tar" out of Nancy Pelosi. Yes, you read that right. Samuel Wurzelbacher actually said that he'd take "[t]hose kind of people" -- people he doesn't like -- out "behind the woodshed." (Yes, he'd like to beat the crap out of a woman.)

Charming. But oh-so-characteristic of a huge swathe of American conservatism today -- and of the mobocracy that dominates the GOP.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Perhaps we should take a lesson from George and set up "free speech zones" outside of town, surrounded by barbed wire and armed troops.

    Oh wouldn't they scream then?

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 3:16 PM  

  • I usually don’t leave comments!!! Trust me! But I liked your blog…especially this post! Would you mind terribly if I put up a backlink from my site to your site? Please come visit my site NormanBroke when you got time.

    By Anonymous Lawton, at 8:11 AM  

  • I enjoyed reading your work! GREAT post! I looked around for this… but I found you! Anyway, would you mind if I threw up a backlink from my site? Please come visit my site State of PortlandEugene when you got time.

    By Anonymous PortlandEugene, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home