Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Craziest Republican of the Day: Michele Bachmann

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Again? Yes, again. If she insists on saying stupid crazy things, I'll keep noting her stupid craziness.

Apparently, Rep. Bachmann, surely one of the most embarrassing things Minnesota has ever produced, believes that she has God behind her (and her political career):

If I felt that's what the Lord was calling me to do, I would do it [run for president]. When I have sensed that the Lord is calling me to do something, I've said yes to it. But I will not seek a higher office if God is not calling me to do it. That's really my standard. If I am called to serve in that realm I would serve, but if I am not called, I wouldn't do it.

As TPM's Eric Kleefeld notes, she actually said in 2006 that God had "called [her] to run for the United States Congress."

Let me just say this: If "God" has nothing better to do than use an idiot like Michele Bachmann as one of "His" agents on earth, then "He" surely isn't the omnipotent, omniscient Being the fundamentalist faithful like Bachmann herself make "Him" out to be. And if Christians really believe that Bachmann has been called upon for a political career on earth by their "God," well, they ought to take a long, hard look at their faith, for their "Lord" is awfully lame.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home