Monday, February 09, 2009

Quote of the Day

By Creature

"I suppose what I could have done is started off with no tax cuts, knowing that I was going to want some and then let [Republicans] take credit for all of them. And maybe that’s the lesson I learned." -- President Obama, reflecting on the process of getting his stimulus through Congress during tonight's press conference.

I would agree, negotiating with himself at the outset was a mistake. I would add, not getting out in front of GOP lies about the bill would be another valuable lesson learned. Republicans don't operate in good faith. Obama should have been ready for that.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Yes and Yes. And I'm surprised no one advised him in that direction.

    By Blogger lindabeth, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home