Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Caroline Kennedy for VP

By Libby Spencer

When I read Michael Moore's open letter to Caroline Kennedy this morning, my first inclination was to laugh but the more I think about it, the better I like the idea. In many ways she would be perfect. I mean who doesn't love her?

As I said in my Detroit News post, she would negate the scary unknown factor among the older voters, take the wind of the complaints of the diehard Hillary crowd and present an extraordinarily difficult target for the GOP smear machine.

Plus, she would be a great foreign ambassador and such an unexpected pick would dominate the news cycle for a long time, perhaps even through the GOP covention. I wish she would consider taking Moore's advice, to "pull a Cheney." It could change everything.

(Cross-posted at The Impolitic.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • She'd be an intriguing pick, but I still think Obama should go with Biden (among the favourites).

    And yet, I still think Hillary has a shot. I know it's crazy, but she makes a lot of sense, and Obama is certainly a shrewd political mind.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 1:24 PM  

  • Love it, love it, Libby

    By Blogger Carol Gee, at 2:30 PM  

  • Kennedy would be a very nice pick. The buzz this morning was "Hillary!Hillary" and I felt a sinking feeling. Bill. The DLC. The anger and resentment. So much dusty old stuff dragging along into a White House which needs a thorough cleaning and detoxification, not a quick dust and sweep.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:58 PM  

  • No matter who it is, some groups will be unhappy. The more I think about Caroline, the more I like the idea. Nobody hates her.

    By Blogger Libby Spencer, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home