Monday, July 07, 2008

Final showdown on FISA

By Libby Spencer

Following up on Carol's excellent post, I also want to take a moment to urge you to take action on FISA today. The vote is scheduled for tomorrow so it's time for one last push to try and browbeat our feckless Senators into upholding the rule of law. Christy has the latest tools. I'm sure you need no further instructions outside of this info.

We are asking Senators to vote IN FAVOR of the Dodd-Feingold-Leahy Amendment (S.A. 5064 to H.R. 6304). We're asking for a NO vote on cloture, and a NO vote on the final bill as well.


Be sure to include this in your communications, since I've found the staff is often woefully uninformed on what legislation is pending. So call, send a free fax, or just send an email but do it today -- please.

(Cross-posted at The Impolitic.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Libby, thanks for the boost. I am not holding my breath. Fecklessness may ultimately win out. Ugh!
    Have a good week, other than this day, if it turns out as I fear.

    By Blogger Carol Gee, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home