Friday, May 18, 2007

A very special friendship

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Here are Tony and George heading into the Rose Garden. You know, I've said some very nice things about Blair recently, but reminders of his oh-so-special friendship with Bush, built around a disaster of a war, compel me to reconsider my generosity. He accomplished a great deal as prime minister, far more than his critics care to admit, but Iraq remains his Waterloo, of sorts. And for that he has no one to blame but himself.

(Photo from the Globe.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • That press conference/swan song, unfortunately did not include our current president. I am counting the days!
    I think PM Blair, before he took a good enough look at the facts, was far too willing to equate Mr. Bush's presidency with his friend Bill Clinton's. Those two could not be more dissimilar.

    By Blogger Carol Gee, at 7:37 PM  

  • I always admired in Mr.Tony Blair,he is undoubtedly great leader, but...He is a good man with bad friend...
    AA Breakdown Cover

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home