Thursday, December 07, 2006

Stay the course

By Creature

Denial runs deep for the president. See, it's all a matter of speed, not of failure. This gem from today's high on rhetoric, low on specifics -- it's a clash of civilizations damn it -- Blair/Bush press conference:

"I do know we have not succeeded as fast as we wanted to succeed. I do understand that progress is not as rapid as I had hoped."

And yet despite the need for speed the president still waits for the other very important reports he has requested as political cover in order to blunt the political cover offered to him by the ISG.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • I do love that quote. I picture a pilot whose plane is spinning downward in a nose dive saying his rate of climb is not as rapid as he had hoped.

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home