Monday, April 27, 2009

Full of excuses

By Michael J.W. Stickings

I know, I know... I'm full of excuses these days. No new posts from me all weekend. Why? Because of the NFL draft. Seriously. It was a big weekend for us gridiron fans, and I was really into it, to put it mildly, obsessing over mock drafts, reading up on possible draftees for my beloved Steelers, flipping back and forth between TSN (one of our sports networks, which broadcast the ESPN coverage) and the NFL Network for the first two rounds on Saturday, then watching much of the remaining draft, Rounds 3-7, on Sunday, with both ESPN and SI.com open on my computer, along with the Post-Gazette, of course.

And I was pretty happy with the Steelers' picks. Ziggy Hood looks like a fantastic future starter on the D-line, and I really like Urbik and Shipley (a steal in Round 7), both for the O-line, as well as Wallace, a speedy WR and returner, and Lewis, who should provide some much-needed support in the secondary.

Anyway, I'll be posting again soon on more political matters. Keep checking back. And scroll down (or, if you're not there, go to the main page and then scroll down) for some great posts from over the weekend from Creature, J. Thomas Duffy, and new co-blogger Boatboy.

-- Michael

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home