Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Share, please

By J. Kingston Pierce

My only additional comment, relative to tonight's debate: John McCain told viewers (not for the first time) that "I'll get Osama bin Laden, my friends. I'll get him. I know how to do it!" If that's true, then why in the hell doesn't he tell somebody how to do it now? Somebody such as George W. Bush or Robert Gates, who can act to capture or kill the elusive bin Laden. Why is McCain withholding his knowledge? Doesn't he care about actually getting bin Laden? Or is this simply another hollow promise, like Richard Nixon's reassurance to voters in 1968 that he had a secret plan to end the war in Vietnam?

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Thank you for that post. It seems that none of our incredibly inept, or just plain lazy pundits ever mention Grumpy's secret plan to capture bin Laden, something that he has been keeping to himself for seven years, I guess, because he loves his country so much.

    By Blogger Bob's Blog, at 8:44 AM  

  • If it only us old timers who remember Richard Nixon's equally as bogus secret plan to end the war?

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home