Monday, March 16, 2015

Behind the Ad: Chuck Norris stumps for Bibi Netanyahu (no kidding)

By Richard K. Barry

I have no idea if this sort of thing will help, but the man from "Walker Texas Rangers," Mr. Chuck Norris, appeared in a YouTube video on Monday for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

It appears that Mr. Netanyahu's reelection is anything but certain, so I guess some degree of creativity is called for.

Gotta love the directness of the ad, which is entitled "Please vote for Prime Minister Netanyahu!"

“I watched Prime Minister Netanyahu’s speech before Congress, and I saw a man who loves his country with all his heart and soul," Norris said in the video.

The actor and martial arts enthusiast stressed that only Netanyahu's Likud Party could bring Israel peace and security.

“I have done three movies in Israel, Delta Force being my favourite, and I formed many friendships while there," he went on. "You have an incredible country, and we want to keep it that way.”

TPM also writes that over the past few days "Netanyahu has made a last-minute appeal to right-wing voters in Israel as centre-left parties nudged ahead of Likud in the polls."
Norris said that Americans needed a leader like Netayanhu just as much as Israelis, in order to ward off "evil forces" in the Middle East and throughout the world.

Can't help wondering if a bad American actor pontificating about Israeli politics could possibly have an impact of any sort. Maybe someone could enlighten me. 


Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home