Thursday, April 24, 2014

An interesting "apology" from Aaron Sorkin about The Newsroom

By Richard K. Barry

I had read somewhere that Aaron Sorkin "apologized" for The Newsroom, and though I haven't absolutely loved the production, I didn't think it was so bad as to require an apology. But then it became clear that he was doing something very different.

As Lindsay Weber of New York Magazine explains, in an interview at the Tribeca Film Festival,
he's apologizing for the misconception other people had about why the show was set in the present day. Not to insult the way journalists handled those stories, just so that we could all better relate: "I set the show in the recent past because I didn’t want to make up fake news."

Not making up fake news would seem, to me, to be a good thing. Obviously, however, he must have received some major shit for the impression some had that he was trying to tell journalists how to do their jobs. Again, wouldn't that be a good thing? 

 

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home