Saturday, January 25, 2014

Eric Church: "Springsteen"

By Michael J.W. Stickings

It isn't often that you'll hear country music here at The Reaction, but, you know, it's not all bad, and the Americana-folk-roots stuff that Richard and I like (he more than I) is certainly country-ish, and in any event however much I may detest the genre it's hard for me to resist a song called "Springsteen," you know, being a pretty big Springsteen fan myself.

So here's the video for "Springsteen" by Eric Church, a catchy tune that I find refreshingly romantic and sentimental in its look back at the "glory days" of one's teenaged years, when everything seemed possible and when those first few steps into sexual maturity seemed like the world. You know...

To this day when I hear that song, I see you standing there on that lawn
Discount shades, store bought tan, flip-flops and cut off jeans
Somewhere between that setting sun, I'm On Fire and Born To Run
You looked at me and I was done, we were just getting started

And...

Baby is it spring or is it summer
The guitar sound or the beat of the drummer
You hear sometimes late at night on your radio
Even though you're a million miles away
When you hear Born In The USA
Do you relive those glory days from so long ago

Ah, those were the days. Enjoy!

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Good tune, thanks for sharing.
    Another "country" artist that I recommend for those aren't particularly fond of country music is latter-period The Mekons. Their "Fear and Whiskey" album is great.

    By Blogger Marc McDonald, at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home