Monday, October 14, 2013

(Canadian) Thanksgiving 2013

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians.

(And a Happy Columbus Day as well, if you happen to celebrate European imperial expansionism.)

For the occasion, here's that most Canadian of bands, The Tragically Hip, performing that most Canadian of songs, "Fireworks":

If there's a goal that everyone remembers
It was back in old seventy two
We all squeezed the stick and we all pulled the trigger
And all I remember is sitting beside you

 

You said you didn't give a fuck about hockey
And I never saw someone say that before
You held my hand and we walked home the long way
You were loosening my grip on Bobby Orr

Live at The Troubadour in West Hollywood -- yes, some Americans love them too -- on June 10, 2009. Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home