Thursday, May 16, 2013

Behind the Ad: House Republicans go all "Arrested Development" on ObamaCare

By Richard K. Barry

Who: The House Republican Conference

Where: Web ad


What's going on: In a spoof of the opening credits of the cable TV show "Arrested Development," House Republicans are claiming all sorts of destruction in a new ad as a result of ObamaCare. Of course, once again, Republicans are going after a full repeal of the president's healthcare law very shortly so it's a timely piece.


We've heard these lines before, but cleverness should be acknowledged and this is kind of fun. 




(Cross-posted at Phantom Public.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • First, this is not cross-posted at Phantom Public.

    It is a good idea for an ad. I probably think that because I love Arrested Development and I'm very much looking to the weekend after next. But also because I love the show, I think the ad itself is terrible. It consistently misses the tone and rhythm of the show. I know I'm a partisan, but I'm sure that if the Democrats had done it, it would have been far better. But then, the Democrats have actual creative people in their employ.

    By Anonymous Frank Moraes, at 4:43 PM  

  • Okay, but they thought of it first. Doesn't that count for something?

    By Blogger Richard K. Barry, at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home