Monday, April 01, 2013

Listening to Now: Bill Evans - "Waltz for Debby"

By Richard K. Barry

Just got home from New York (near NYC) to visit family for the Easter weekend. I hit a huge traffic jam on the Burlington  Skyway coming into Toronto, which made the trip two hours longer than it needed to be. But it's all good. I'm home.

I need something to calm me down, though. I thought Bill Evans' "Waltz for Debby" would do the job. It's a classic first recorded by Evans for his 1956 album New Jazz Conceptions, and then on his better known 1961 live album Waltz for Debby.

I understand that the Debby in question is Mr. Evans' niece Debby Evans.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • It is always nice to listen to "Debby," even if I think Evans got a lot better in his later years. The man suffered for our benefit. I can't listen to his music without being sad.

    By Anonymous Frank Moraes, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home