Friday, April 19, 2013

A crazy day: The Boston bombing, the police state, and the media orgy

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Well, what is there to say? It's been a crazy day, at least if you've been following the ongoing story in Boston, with one suspect dead and one on the run. And of course it's crazier if you're actually there -- the whole city is locked down, people being told to stay in their homes, and the police presence on the streets, particularly in Watertown, makes the whole thing look like a military zone. (I went to college in the Boston area, at Tufts, and so I know the locations fairly well. It all seems very immediate to me.)

I've spent the morning watching TV (mostly CNN and CBS), alternately soaking up the reporting and getting more and more annoyed with the media's recklessness, irresponsibility, and narcissism.

I've also been in twitter, tweeting and re-tweeting a lot -- you can find me here. And here are a few of my tweets and re-tweets:









And my pick for tweet of the day (so far), and perhaps even for tweet of the whole damn thing:

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home