Sunday, March 17, 2013

Those bickering Republicans


Oh, I just love watching Republicans take swipes at each other. First Sarah Palin criticizes Karl Rove at CPAC for his efforts to influence the choice of future Republican candidates through his Conservative Victory Project. Palin called it "the last thing we need," adding, in a direct shot at Rove, that "the architects can head on back to the great Lone Star state and put their names on some ballot." 

On Fox News today Rove shot back:
I have to set the record straight. I’m a volunteer. I don’t take a dime for my work with [super PAC] American Crossroads. I even pay my own travel expenses out of my own pocket. I thought Sarah Palin was about encouraging grassroots volunteer activity, I’m a volunteer.

To which he added:
Second of all, look, I appreciate her encouragement that I ought to go home to run for office. I would be enthused if I ran for office to have her support.

I would say this, though. I don’t think I’m a particularly good candidate, sort of a balding, fat guy. And second of all, I’d say if I did run for office and win, I’d serve out my term, I wouldn’t leave office midterm.

It's all foolishness, though fun to watch. 

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home