Monday, March 11, 2013

A belated happy birthday to David Gilmour

By Michael J.W. Stickings

I've been negligent in my Pink Floyd fandom recently, so much so that -- as Frank reminded me -- I missed David Gilmour's birthday last Wednesday, March 6. He turned 67.

I wish him all the best, and of course hope that he is indeed working on new music. I've had the great pleasure of seeing Roger Waters perform The Wall three times over the past couple of years, and Dark Side a couple of times before that, but it would be great to have David back in the spotlight. It's been a long time -- seven years since On an Island (I saw him on that tour).

Happy (belated) Birthday, David!

From Live in GdaƄsk, here he is, with his awesome band (including the late Richard Wright on keyboards), performing "Castellorizon" and "On an Island":

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home