Friday, November 30, 2012

I recall Central Park in fall...

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Our "Vimeo of the Day" is this lovely time-lapse video of Central Park (yes, in fall) by Jamie Scott:

One of the most striking things about New York City is the fall colors and there's no better place to view this then Central Park. I chose 15 locations in the park and revisited them 2 days a week for six months, recording all camera positions and lens information to create consistency in the images. All shots were taken just after sunrise. 


(Make sure to watch this on full-screen.)

Having lived in New Jersey for a number of years when I was a teenager, I can confirm that Central Park is beautiful in fall, and the period between Labor Day and Christmas was always my favorite to be in the city.

Speaking of Central Park in fall, though, I can't resist posting "Danke Schoen." You probably know it best, as I do, from Ferris Bueller (the parade scene), but let's go back a bit further into the mists of time.

No, not to Bert Kaempfert in 1962, nor to Wayne Newton in 1963, but rather to the lovely Brenda Lee in 1964, from her album By Request.

Richard, this one's for you. It's about your speed, right?

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • I lived on West 81st St. for over ten years, and I considered Central Park--which was just a block away--my backyard. And, naturally, the brilliant but melancholy autumn was my favorite season.

    By Blogger Bronxboy47, at 9:12 PM  

  • There's just something about the city in the fall -- the changing colors, the holiday lights. Really great.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home