Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ten years of Skippy, a deserving blogiversary


I wanted to mention that one of the finest people in the blogosphere, Skippy, is celebrating the tenth anniversary of his blog today, the wonderfully-oddly named Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

I didn't start blogging until 2005, and three years blogging makes so much difference. When I started, Skippy was already a veteran, and when I first got to know him, not long after, it was clear to me that he was one of the best-respected voices around. And deservedly so.

When you're a new blogger, like I was, it's hard to get going. I didn't really know what I was doing -- and I didn't really know anyone either, not personally. If I remember correctly, I e-mailed him, just to introduce myself. I met a lot of kind people that way, a lot of people who checked out what I was up to and said some encouraging words. But Skippy -- the guy's got a massive heart. And for years now, I've had the privilege of following his blog and being on the receiving end of his genuine kindness, of being friends with him out here in the virtual world so many of us call a second home.

Thank you, Skippy, for all your help and support over the years, for being a friend, for your fantastic work organizing the annual Blogroll Amnesty Day (with the late Al Weisel ("Jon Swift")), a chance for all us non-A-listers to show each other some appreciation, and for being a good and decent person as well as a very fine blogger.

Congratulations on a decade of blogging. Keep it up!

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • thank you for your kind words, michael.

    i appreciate your support and your fine blogging through out the years.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home