Saturday, May 19, 2012

Porcupine Tree: "Even Less"


Last week I blogged, for the third time over the past several years, on Porcupine Tree, the amazing British "prog rock" band -- "prog rock" being a term that doesn't do nearly enough justice to its music, though still appropriate -- of which I've been a fan for a long time but whose music I've come to admire more and more recently, acquiring pretty much everything they've ever done and getting into their music in a deeper way than ever before.

I won't repeat what I wrote last week, when I looked back over their career, still going but on something of a hiatus (hopefully with a new album coming soon), but given that they're what I'm listening to most right now, I thought I'd post another of their best songs. Last week it was "Russia on Ice," the best song off what I think is their best album, Lightbulb Sun, and probably their best song period. This week it's the best song off Stupid Dream, perhaps their second-best album, and I'd say one of their top five songs overall, "Even Less."

Here it is, live, off the Arriving Somewhere... DVD (from performances in Chicago in October 2005). For a version of better quality, but with just still shots, see here. This one's fine, though -- just turn it up. And enjoy.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home