Sunday, February 26, 2012

Amanda Shires: "Ghost Bird"

Music on Sunday @ The Reaction


We rarely touch upon country music here, and I will say for myself that it's because I generally loathe it, but I do have a great deal of fondness for what is called "roots" (including the amazing Patty Griffin) and other music that is country-ish, and as much as I say I loathe country music there's always something here or there that I like, however reluctantly, however much I may not want to admit it.

And recently, thanks to a recommendation at iTunes, I came across the very talented Amanda Shires.

Originally from Texas, she's released three solo albums. This excellent, imaginative video is for "Ghost Bird," off 2011's Carrying Lightning. Enjoy.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home