Sunday, August 07, 2011

The Traveling Wilburys' "End of the Line"

Music on Sunday @ The Reaction


Here's a classic. I was at a great poolside party yesterday and the host mentioned that if he were to meet an untimely demise, he'd like the Traveling Wilburys' "End of the Line" to be played at his funeral.

Maybe it's a morbid thought, but I hardly see the harm in taking some control of your final arrangements. Then someone asked if I had any idea what I'd like played for me. The truth is that I haven't turned my mind to it, but maybe now I will.

The Traveling Wilburys were an English-American supergroup made up of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, and Tom Petty. Can't really go wrong with that crowd.

They recorded two albums in 1988 and 1990, though Roy Orbison died before the second was recorded.

"End of the Line" is a pretty upbeat song for, well, the end of the line. But maybe that's the way it should be if you've done things right.


(Cross-posted at Lippmann's Ghost.)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home