Thursday, April 28, 2011

Photo of the Day: Royal Wedding insanity


(We're going to try to make this a regular feature. So check back daily for Photo of the Day posts, usually around this time.)


Photo from The Globe and Mail: "A royal wedding fan prepares his overnight position on the pavement outside Westminster Abbey in London."

Have I mentioned, with so much attention on William & Kate and their impending nuptials, that I'm more ashamed than ever to be, as both a Canadian and British citizen, a "subject" of Her Majesty, and to be associated, even by nationality, with the masses of people who are obsessed with this stupid wedding?

And have I mentioned that I despise both the British Monarchy and monarchy generally?

And that, when it comes to Canada, the country I call my own, I'm a republican? It's truly shameful that our head of state is essentially a foreign monarch and that we kowtow, figuratively speaking (because we should never accept such submission), before an utterly ridiculous institution and an equally ridiculous family that has done nothing to deserve its position of privilege?

Well, there you go. Needless to say, I will not be watching the wedding on TV.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • Oh, boy. Well. Hmmm. I guess that means you won't be reading my slightly snarky after-the-fact live blog of the, um, nuptials?

    Okay. . .but just in case:

    http://ramonasvoices.blogspot.com/2011/04/friday-follies-royal-wedding-of-course.html

    By Blogger Ramona Grigg, at 6:39 PM  

  • No, no, I'll certainly check out your post, especially if it's snarky!

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home