Sunday, December 05, 2010

The rage of the Narnia cultists


Sorry, Liam Neeson. I appreciate the sentiment, I really do, and I wish Aslan really did symbolize "Mohammed, Buddha and all the great spiritual leaders and prophets over the centuries," but, alas, The Chronicles of Narnia is Christian propaganda, pure and simple:

Walter Hooper, [C.S.] Lewis's former secretary and a trustee of his estate, said the author would have been outraged.

"It is nothing whatever to do with Islam," he said.

"Lewis would have simply denied that. He wrote that the 'whole Narnian story is about Christ'. Lewis could not have been clearer."

He attributed Neeson's remarks to political correctness and a desire to be "very multicultural", adding: "I don't know Liam Neeson or what he is thinking about... but it was not Lewis's intention."

Like I said, it's propaganda, aimed at children. I read the books as a child. Now I know better. And the fact that the books and movies have been embraced by the Christianist right just makes it worse.

It's enough to turn me into a Harry Potter fan.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home