Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just how crazy is Christine O'Donnell? (2)


So crazy, and so removed from human nature, and so extreme in her theocratic views, that she once actually indicated that she wanted to stop everyone from having sex.

I. Kid. You. Not.

Here's part of a revealing exchange O'Donnell had with Eric Nies of the Moment of Hope foundation on Scarborough Country in 2003. At the time, she was with the right-wing Intercollegiate Studies Institute. The topic under discussion was what to tell young people about safe sex (if anything at all):

NIES: I tell them to be careful. You have to wear a condom. You have to protect yourself when you're going to have sex, because they're having it anyway.

NIES: There's nothing that you or me can do about it.

O'DONNELL: The sad reality is -- yes, there is something you can do about it. And the sad reality, to tell them slap on a condom is not --

NIES: You're going to stop the whole country from having sex?

O'DONNELL: Yeah. Yeah!

NIES: You're living on a prayer if you think that's going to happen.

O'DONNELL: That's not true. I'm a young woman in my thirties and I remain chaste.

Really? She was still "chaste" in her thirties? Whatever.

This whole exchange shows just how utterly ignorant and brainwashed and self-denying she was -- and remains to this day.

Here's the clip:

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • "I'm a young woman in my thirties and I remain chaste."

    In addition to the novel idea that someone is still "young" in their thirties -- it's all relative, I suppose -- this is the kind of statement that just begs for someone to come out of the woodwork and proclaim that they have evidence to the contrary about her chastity.

    By Blogger Mustang Bobby, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home