Monday, August 23, 2010

Embarrassed

By Creature



It's hard to watch this video and feel pride about being an American right now. It seems the man being harassed for being Muslim (and, it's absolutely irrelevant if he is or not) was simply a "union carpenter who works at Ground Zero." As I said earlier, I really don't want to talk about Park51 anymore, but it's hard to ignore when the hate looks like this.

My problem, among many, is that I know a few good people who are on the anti-Park51 side. They don't pay close attention to the news, they read a few headlines, they hear their friends talk, and their opposition is born. These people are not bigots. However, they are a bit too knee-jerk patriotic and I fear this is what makes them easily susceptible to the lies being told. It pains me. All of it pains me.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • The first second I read this unbelievable hilarious Yes We Scam! B.S. We Can Believe In! Obama Approval Plummets blog I thought that The Reaction's readers truly should be able to have their say on this: http://hubpages.com/hub/Yes-We-Scam-BS-We-Can-Believe-In-Obama-Approval-Plummets

    By Blogger Cammie Novara, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home