Sunday, January 03, 2010

Metric: "Gimme Sympathy" and "Sick Muse"


One of the best albums of last year, in my opinion, was Metric's Fantasies. Last June, when I posted a couple of clips, I described Metric as "a sort of fusion indie rock band, New Wave synth pop combined brilliantly with guitar-oriented alt rock." Whatever. They're really good, with Fantasies taking them well beyond their earlier efforts, much to their credit, and it helps that they have Emily Haines up front -- I like her a lot. Let's leave it at that. She's pretty awesome.

Here are a couple more clips. The first is an acoustic version of "Gimme Sympathy" (I posted the video in June.) The second is the video for "Sick Muse." Both songs are from Fantasies.

Enjoy.




Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home