Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kill the bill?

By Creature

I'm not there yet, but I'm getting close. For the first time yesterday when I saw Obama on the TV talking about healthcare reform I was sickened. That's not a good sign. Howard Dean wants the bill killed. I tend to trust Howard Dean. With the loopholes, the mandates, and the lack of any real public choice I don't see how this bill helps. Forcing people to buy crappy, expensive insurance makes no sense. Ugh.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

  • Too bad, so sad. But, you see, Obama won 53% of the vote, not 100%, so I guess he should compromise, non?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 AM  

  • You mean like Bush did at the urging of Cheney and Rove?

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 11:01 AM  

  • i am sick and f'ing tired of people saying that we have to accept this horrible bill because this is our only chance to reform healthcare for at least the next 20 years!
    why would that be?
    are Dems planning on losing Congress and the White House? 'cause if they aren't, they should be able to revisit this at any time.

    By Anonymous joe in oklahoma, at 11:26 AM  

  • No, but you never know what's going to happen, and if it doesn't happen now it might not happen for a long time, given the legislative priorities for the next year and how emboldened Republicans would be. I'm not saying it's a great bill, and part of me wants to fight it, to push for reconciliation so that a simple majority can pass a more robust bill with a public option. I just don't think that's going to happen, which is why I keep saying (hoping) that this bill will be the thin end of the wedge that leads to more substantive reforms down the road once Americans come to see how they benefit from it.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home