Friday, September 25, 2009

He shoots... he scores!

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Not much blogging from me tonight. I have the draft for my very serious, very competitive fantasy hockey league in half an hour -- we're now in our eighth year -- and I'm doing some much-needed prep.

I have the #1 pick. I'm a huge Sid Crosby fan, and I like Malkin, too, but I'm going to have to go with Alexander Ovechkin, the top offensive threat in the game. But do I really want to spend my year rooting for Ovy? I suppose so. I'm in it to win, after all. (Though, when it comes to hockey, I want nothing more than my beloved Habs to do well this year.)

But then I don't pick again until the end of the second round, #24. Maybe Staal, maybe St. Louis, or maybe, just maybe, a top blueliner like Lidstrom or Chara. We'll see.

Alright, enjoy your evening, everyone. I'll be back with the political stuff later.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

  • Okay, well, I got Ovechkin, but then I scored Joe Thornton at the end of the second round, which I consider a huge steal.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 11:46 PM  

  • This is just another reason why I like your website. I like your style of writing you tell your stories without out sending us to 5 other sites to complete the story. Please come visit my site Local Business Directory Of St. Paul U.S.A. when you got time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 AM  

  • Personally, I'm hoping Donald Brashear takes all three out... ;-)

    By Blogger Carl, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home