Sunday, August 30, 2009

Kick the bums out!

By Michael J.W. Stickings

I don't put much stock, if any, in Rasmussen telephone polls, but I find it annoying that, according to the results of a new survey, 57 percent of Americans "would vote to replace the entire Congress and start all over again."

I'm reminded of the Family Guy episode in which Peter has a "grinds my gears" opinion segment on Quahog's local news:

You know what really grinds my gears? You, America! [Bleep] you!

Do these 57 percent of Americans understand that they live in a democracy and that, ultimately, the responsibility for selecting their political leaders is their own?

No, no, much easier to lash out and blame the people they elected.

Maybe they ought to take a little more interest in how they're governed -- that is, in how they govern themselves.

**********

Okay, speaking of Family Guy, here's a brief musical interlude this early Sunday evening (in my time zone). I'll be back later with more.



Okay, here's another...

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home