Monday, June 29, 2009

Crazy week

By Michael J.W. Stickings

It's late Sunday night. Actually, it's already Monday morning here in the eastern time zone. And I'm tired.

I don't have anything new to blog about at the moment, nothing urgent, but I've been spending much of my time thinking back on the crazy week that was:

-- Iran;
-- Mark Sanford;
-- Michael Jackson;
-- Farrah Fawcett;
-- climate change;
-- health care.

Of course, there was a lot from Iran, including this, from Tehran: "An eerie stillness has settled over this normally frenetic city..."

And there was Honduras, on Sunday, where the army kicked out President Manuel Zelaya.

And there was Obama possibly pulling a Bush on the war on terror -- specifically, on the indefinite incarceration of terrorism suspects. (Read Greenwald.)

And there was the whole HuffPo thing, with Nico Pitney asking Obama a question from a real Iranian -- and the MSM going nuts. (It wasn't a planted question, it just upset the MSM's arrogant self-importance.)

And... well, now I'm just more tired. I'll be back later today with some new posts -- as, of course, will my great co-bloggers.

Good night. And stay tuned.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home