Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Conan

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Very, very funny opening to Conan O'Brien's first Tonight Show -- with Conan running cross-country from N.Y. to L.A. -- but that was it for the funny. (I used to like Conan way back when, and he still has his moments, but he jumped the shark a long time ago, even if he's still funnier than much of what passes for late-night comedy. But I'll take Letterman anytime.) I turned quickly back to Colbert, who remains for me, after Jon Stewart, much-watch TV at 11:30. As far as the funny goes, it's not even close. (Good to see Andy Richter back as Conan's sidekick, though. I've always liked him.)

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • While Conan won't get me away from Colbert either, I am thrilled that he's taken over the Tonight Show. Leno was a waste. The show should always have been Dave's. It still sucks that it's not.

    By Blogger creature, at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home