Thursday, May 21, 2009

I hate American Idol

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Kris Allen? Seriously? I watched pretty much the entire season, a terribly mediocre season even by AI's lowly standards, for this?

I grew to like Adam Lambert more and more, or at least to respect him more and more, but, regardless, it was clear all along that he was far and away the most talented of the bunch, and certainly much more than Kris.

There have been embarrassingly unworthy winners before -- Taylor Hicks, anyone? -- and, while I don't have anything against Kris (he seems like a genuinely nice guy, and he does have some talent, and I much prefer him to Taylor), this was a pretty pathetic ending to a pretty pathetic season.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • The REAL winner will be determined after the 1st albums are released. Adam could have SEVERAL top 40 hits, like Kelly Clarkson. Kris Allen? A nice guy, but likely a footnote. At least Adam made it to the finals to keep it entertaining. Gokey-Allen I wouldn't have watched. To see Adam sing with Queen (do we finely have a replacement for Freddie Mercury?) was worth it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 AM  

  • Come on now, I still think Adam deserved to win. What a croc

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home