Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Madness!

By Michael J.W. Stickings

Yes, yes, I know. I didn't blog much yesterday. But can you blame me?

It was Opening Day -- of the 2009 MLB season, that is -- and I had games to watch (including the Jays' 12-5 dismantling of the Tigers), not to mention a fantasy team to obsess over (my first three draft picks were Teixeira, Beltran, and Ichiro, and I've got Cano and Jeter up the middle, and V-Mart behind the plate, A. Ramirez at the hot corner, and Abreu as my third OF, with Cantu and Ankiel as utility guys, and Oswalt, Lowe, and Vazquez heading up my pitching staff... but the two guys I'm really pulling for, and who could have huge, huge years, are Shin-Soo Choo of the Indians and Ricky Nolasco of the Marlins).

Plus, there was the NCAA men's basketball National Championship last night. I had Carolina winning it all and, well, they did, easily. I did pretty well overall, but picking the winner made up for all the red on my bracket (like picking Purdue over UConn and Kansas over Michigan St., among other errors).

Oh, and there's the final week of the NHL regular season to pay attention to, what with my long-beloved Habs struggling to make the playoffs. They lost last night, to Ottawa. Alas.

But I'll be back soon... first with a post on our Craziest Republican of the Day, then with one on yet another case of theocratic hypocrisy, then with one on Newt being like Dick, all over the next several hours.

In the meantime, check out what my great co-bloggers have put up, including this wonderful (and deeply personal) post by Edward. It's a must-must-read. See also this great post on guns and gun control by Carl.

-- Michael

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home