Sunday, December 07, 2008

Them's fightin' words

By Creature

I, as a proud member of the Left, have been willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the mostly center-leaning choices he has made to help run the country. People who I respect, like David Sirota, have not been so forgiving. However, I think their criticism is justified and welcome, but until today I've kind of stayed out of that fray.

Well, what has changed?

Today, Obama's top aide Steve Hildebrand decided to post a plea for understanding from the Left on the Huffington Post which can only be termed condescending, if not outright insulting. See, it's one thing to reach out, it's quite another, as Jane Hamsher puts it, to be told to shut the fuck up.

Jane is right when she says, "[A]fter the past eight years, it's a bit much to stomach someone saying 'just shut up and trust me, because I know better.'"

Honestly, beyond being absolutely insulted, I really don't know what to make of this screed from one of Obama's top people. It leaves me sour and, unfortunately, in the mood to fight. I don't want to fight Obama on his personnel choices when his expressed policies are so sorely needed. I want a little Kumbaya, but after this from Hildebrand, that need may just have to take a backseat.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home