Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

By Michael J.W. Stickings

It's just after midnight, the first few minutes of Christmas 2008. The past couple of weeks here in Toronto have been massively snowy, but it was gray and rainy on Christmas Eve, and generally unpleasant. With moving and settling into a new place, it's been a busy time. Christmas sort of snuck up on me. But tonight, as always, there is no place I'd rather be than with my family, at home. We had a lovely evening, a nice dinner, presents, and now, as I inhale deeply, there's baking going on in the kitchen. There is still much to do tonight, all to get ready for the morning, and then for the day ahead.

I want to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my friends here at The Reaction. It's funny, we don't really know each other all that well, spread out across North America, communicating in the virtual reality of the Internet, and yet, we do know each other, in a way, and very well, and I am grateful to have them in my life. To all of you, I cannot thank you enough.

I also want to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to my friends and acquaintances in the blogosphere. There are so many of them, and what a wonderful community it is, and what wonderful people I have met.

And a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you, our readers, all over the world, wherever you are. I cannot tell you how much you mean to me, and to all of us here. Thank you for stopping by. You are always welcome.

Be safe out there, and love one another, and imagine a world at peace.

-- Michael

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

  • Merry Christmas to you, too, Michael, and thanks for making me a part of The Reaction. I truly appreciate it.

    By Blogger Mustang Bobby, at 9:12 AM  

  • Merry Christmas and I also thank you for bringing me into this amazing group of bloggers.

    By Blogger Libby Spencer, at 9:29 AM  

  • Say Hey Michael

    Joyeux Noel!

    Peace
    JTD

    By Blogger 13909 Antiques, at 9:42 AM  

  • Yes, peace. All you can do is imagine it; we'll never have it entirely, Actually, I don't think the Palestinians could imagine peace -- it's not in their vocabulary.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

  • Merry Christmas Michael! Enjoy it with your new family, it's the best thing in the world even if we can't get through the day without some troll.

    By Blogger Capt. Fogg, at 10:22 AM  

  • Much to celebrate, too much to rue. But best wishes all around on this most special of days.

    By Blogger Shaun Mullen, at 11:03 AM  

  • Happy, happy to all.

    By Blogger creature, at 1:19 PM  

  • Thank you all. I hope you're all having a great day, whatever you may be doing.

    And to Anonymous... seriously, why do you even bother? Do you even know any Palestinians? Do you really not think they want peace for themselves and their loved ones? The fact that you think they're all a bunch of violent extremists just shows how little you know, and how extreme you yourself are.

    By Blogger Michael J.W. Stickings, at 4:21 PM  

  • I do it purely to annoy you; that's my only motive. And yes, I believe Palestinians want peace, but too many of them have a little sticking point . . . Israel needs to be wiped off the map -- that's problematic. Ask Captain Fogg how he feels about that idea?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home