Friday, August 15, 2008

The view from here

By Michael J.W. Stickings

I don't think I've ever posted any personal photos here at The Reaction, but it's beautiful day here in PEI -- I just got in from kayaking -- and I thought I'd post a couple of photos I took a little earlier this afternoon.

The first is the view from our deck, out over New London Bay towards Stanley Bridge (which is at the left of the distant shore), up on the north shore just west of Cavendish and PEI National Park. The second is the view from our beach, up towards the top of the bay -- you can't see them here, but there are large sand dunes around to the right, separating the bay from the Gulf of St. Lawrence.

They don't quite capture what it's really like here. It's pretty awesome.

Maybe I'll post a few more photos over the weekend. We head back to Toronto on Monday. In the meantime, I hope you're all having a great Friday.


Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

  • when i was a teenager, my boyfriend's family had a cottage near alexandria bay. the cottage was right on the st. lawrence and the water was chilly- even in the summer :) we used to watch the big ships sail in and out of the seaway. beautiful.

    By Blogger billie, at 5:26 PM  

  • Gorgeous. More please. I love vacation photos.

    By Blogger Libby Spencer, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home