Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Veepstakes: Bayh bye?

By Michael J.W. Stickings

There has much ado recently about Indiana Senator Evan Bayh as Obama's likely Veep pick -- I wrote about it on Monday, Indiana's Bilerico Project was leading the way, and Bayh has long been at or near the top of the list for MSM prognosticators -- but, if Bayh's word is any good, it looks like it's all been much ado about nothing... maybe:

Sen. Evan Bayh, D-Ind., told The Indianapolis Star today that Sen. Barack Obama has not asked him to be his running mate and that he's not expecting Obama to announce his vice presidential pick when Obama is in Indiana Wednesday.

Asked if he will be Obama's vice presidential choice, Bayh said; "I have no idea. You'd have to ask him."

Well... we'll see.

Let's hope it's not Bayh -- allow me to reiterate that I'd prefer Biden or Reed or, yes, Hillary (see my various posts linked above for why I'm not pro-Bayh) -- but I'm not about to write him off just yet, no matter what he says publicly (of course he'd adamantly deny prior to the actual announcement; indeed, this could very well be the sort of disinformational diversion we expect from our politicians). Plus, it would make sense for Obama to announce his pick before the Olympics start later this week.

So... what is Obama doing in Indiana... with Bayh? What will be announced later today? Anything? Or is this whole thing just your basic campaign stop in a swing state?

Like I said, we'll see...

**********

Why do I keep thinking it might be Hillary after all?

Would Obama introduce her as his running mate in Indiana? I know the CW is with Bayh and Biden and Kaine, etc., but what if the CW is way off here?

No prediction. I'm just asking... what if?

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home