Friday, April 11, 2008

A principled man, my ass

By Creature

I don't have a lot of time to flesh this thought out, but the other day I was sitting around a table with important folks at my job and John McCain came up. Much to my dismay the consensus was that, at a minimum, John McCain was a "principled" man (the same couldn't be said about Hillary, and they were unsure about Obama).

I wanted to scream, but the setting didn't allow. I did manage to mention McCain's free media pass and how he's been wrong about almost everything.

I bring this up because, again, just yesterday, John McCain reversed himself. This time his reversal was about helping homeowners, which he is now for, except his plan is more GOP smoke and mirrors than anything else.

Now, the people I was with are smart and informed. It boggles that they could not get past the media shine on McCain. Was it principled to embrace the religious right after calling them agents of intolerance? Was it principled to embrace George Bush after Karl Rove smeared him relentlessly in 2000? Was it principled to go against torture?

I could go on, but like I said, time is short and so is my fuse. I just wish the media would do its fucking job and stop with the hero worship.

(Cross-posted at State of the Day.)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home