Saturday, January 05, 2008

"A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere"

By Michael J.W. Stickings

The Reaction has been providing extensive coverage of the Iowa caucuses and their aftermath -- and I must send out a huge thank you to the co-bloggers for some fantastic posts -- but here's a brief musical interlude before we return to those ever-so-important political matters at hand:

"Soul Meets Body" by Death Cab for Cutie.

'Cause in my head there's a greyhound station
Where I send my thoughts to far off destinations
So they may have a chance of finding a place
Where they’re far more suited than here

It's not my favourite DCC song -- that would be "Transatlanticism" -- but it's up there, a fine song by a great band. (For more, see here. The lyrics to this song, including the brilliant lines quoted above, are here. As with much of the music I've come to love, I was introduced to DCC at Radio Paradise.)

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home